Bucharest, January 6, 2011 - Romanian liberal MEP Renate Weber, ALDE Spokesperson on Civil liberties and fundamental rights, will chair the open hearing on "Freedom of Press in Hungary".
The hearing will take place on January 11, 2011, at the European Parliament, in Brussels, 11.30 - 13.00, room JAN4Q1.
This is the draft agenda:
- Opening Guy Verhofstadt, ALDE President;
- György Konrad, novelist and human rights advocate (video-message);
- Professor Miklos Haraszti, former OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media;
- Professor László Majtényi, former Parliamentary Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information in the Republic of Hungary;
- Neelie Kroes, Vice-President of the European Commission, responsible for the Digital Agenda.